The Louisville Public Library Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-based organization. Each year, the Foundation raises money to buy books and other library materials and supports high-impact programming for all ages.
Our mission is to enrich our community by building support and raising money to enhance the Library’s programs and services. Our generous donors provide support for those things that are above and beyond what public funding provides.
Your tax-deductible contribution helps us to provide the following to our community:
- A free book for each child, teen and adult who completes the annual Summer Reading Program.
- Equipment, supplies and facilitators for the Makerspace
- Hundreds of new books, e-books and electronic media updates each year
- Performers and supplies for the Library’s children’s programs
- The saltwater aquarium and Read Baby Read zone in the Children’s area